Compréhension Écrite

Remember how the goal of professors in France is to give their students a difficult experience?

Our Written Comprehension professor wins the prize.

It was the third exam of the week.  We were roughly half-way through our 2 hour written comprehension exam when one student asked a question the caused our professor to become very flustered.

"Oh la la!"  she repeated as she went from student to student trying to make the second of two articles more clear with her pen.  Apparently, in an attempt to save space and fit the entire article and questions on one sheet of paper, she mixed up the order of the article.  She had done such a good job of cutting and pasting that there was no obvious clue that it was in the wrong order.

We had to read the first part of column 1 then the first part of column 2,
then the first part of column 3 before reading the second half of each column.

I had actually begun my test by reading the second article (yeah, it probably gives some insight to my personality...), and, while I noticed that it seemed a little strange and confusing, I assumed that I had poor reading comprehension.

The purpose of the exam, after all, was to test our level of written comprehension.

I don't know about you, but I find this extremely ironic.  And funny.

How's my written comprehension?  I received my highest test score to date on this particular exam, despite our professor's efforts to give us an extremely difficult experience.



Comments